Control4 Offers A Starter Kit for Home Automation
Transform your house into a smart home and control what matters most: family security, entertainment systems, energy use, music, lighting and more.
Salt Lake City, UT - June 28, 2012 - 9:00AM EST - Control4, a leading innovator in residential and commercial automation systems, announces a home automation Starter Kit that enables smart-home control in a single room with the ability to expand to a complete home system. The package enables homeowners to experience the benefits of automation for under $1,000. The Starter Kit includes the new Control4® HC-250 Controller, the brains of the system, plus a Control4® SR-250 remote, which can control all the devices in your entertainment system, plus movies and music, lighting, and more.
Home automation has long been considered a high-end luxury item for the rich and famous. Recently, cable television companies and wireless service providers have been marketing "smart home" solutions for an ongoing monthly fee, but those solutions deliver only a few rudimentary automation tasks. Until now, there hasn't been an affordable way to introduce consumers to the truly transformative benefits of home control and automation - when virtually everything in the home works together, automatically. Control4's new Starter Kit offers consumers the opportunity to experience these benefits in one room, which they then can expand throughout the entire home, whenever they want.
The Control4 HC-250 delivers a new level of performance, control and value. This slim little box tucks behind your TV or on a shelf and is the "brain" of the system that easily automates, integrates and controls the key devices and systems in your home. The HC-250 provides control of lighting, temperature, and security systems, while also providing instantaneous access to your video and music collections, gaming systems, streaming content and more, all through the TV in your living room or from your favorite Android® or Apple® tablet or smartphone.
The Control4® Starter Kit allows you to easily:
- Get rid of all the remotes on your coffee table. With the Control4 SR-250 remote, you can control everything in your entertainment system: TV, DVD player, receiver - you name it.
- Add lighting control - so that lights will dim when the movie begins or that the outdoor lights automatically go on when the sun goes down.
- Enjoy multi-room audio - distribute music to the patio, the kitchen or both in one seamless, digital music experience.
- Integrate temperature control - adjust the temperature from your couch through your TV or from the office using your mobile device.
- View security video feeds - see who is at the door or arm/disarm the system through the touch of a button.
- Incorporate the benefits of smart locks - secure your home with a touch of a button, even from your bed.
- Smart Alerts- Track home activity and receive text alerts when you are away, when the kids get home from school, if a door is left open, or if there is a water leak in the basement.
- Smart Sensors: Illuminate hallway lights when the kids get up in the middle of the night, or automatically turn lights off when no one is in a room.
- Create a custom "scene" - personalize your home control experience to suit your life, your family and your needs. For example, a customizable "welcome home" scene can greet you as you arrive - the security system disarms, the lights go on, the AC adjusts to the right temperature and your favorite music begins playing - all automatically.
The Control4 HC-250 is the first smart home solution that isn't a compromise. The HC-250 allows you to control entertainment plus the systems that matter most to your family. Users can whip through huge media libraries and enjoy a selected movie, song, or playlist in mere seconds, turn lights on or off, respond to a security alert, or adjust the air conditioning - all through the same interface, whether it's on a TV, a touch screen or a mobile device. Homeowners can even add extra functionality that can be controlled by this device, such as shade control, motion sensors, garage door sensors, window sensors or even water leak sensors.
The HC-250 supports both digital audio and video over HDMI (2 audio outputs - 1 analog and 1 HDMI, plus 1 analog audio input) for control of entertainment devices, and can deliver a powerful multi-room music experience when integrated with wireless speakers and an amplifier. Whether it's plugging your iPhone into the audio input, accessing streaming digital music services, or using the USB port to plug in a drive with your entire music collection, the Control4 HC-250 catalogs the music through an elegant interface for playback as one seamless music collection.
With a sleek design and compact form-factor, the HC-250 fits easily behind a TV and features new built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) capability enabled by a single CAT5/CAT6 cable. No Ethernet? No problem. Integrated Wireless-N WiFi and ZigBee deliver high-performance wireless networking, which means the Controller works over Wi-Fi, eliminating the expense and hassle of pulling wires.
With no monthly fees, the HC-250 has an introductory U.S. MSRP of $599 and the SR-250 is priced at $199. Both are available from over 2,000 authorized Control4 dealers in North America and at Magnolia Home Theater at Best Buy.
For more information go to http://www.control4.com/residential/products/controllers/HC-250
Control4 (CTRL) is a leading provider of automation systems for homes and businesses, offering personalized control of lighting, music, video, temperature, security, communications and similar functionalities into a unified home automation solution that enhances the daily lives of its customers. Control4 unlocks the potential of connected devices, making entertainment systems easier to use, homes more comfortable and energy efficient, and families more secure. More than 75% of Control4's consumers have integrated two or more functionalities with Control4's solution, which is available through more than 2,800 custom integrators, retail outlets, and distributors in over 80 countries. By delivering insightfully simple control solutions that enhance the lives of individuals and families, Control4 is the automation platform of choice for consumers, major consumer electronics companies, hotels, and businesses around the world.